The SMPS Approved Provider Program formally recognizes providers of continuing education that supports the Certified Professional Services Marketer (CPSM) Program.
Eligible providers are professional organizations and companies providing high-quality training focusing on marketing and business development topics that fall within the SMPS Domains of Practice for Professional Services Marketers—the basis for the CPSM program. Approved Providers may advertise that SMPS CEUs can be earned through participation in their training courses.
The following are key criteria and requirements that approved providers must meet:
- Be a legal entity
- Make education programs open to the general public
- Ensure that each activity is directly relevant to the CPSM body of knowledge as defined in the SMPS Domains of Practice for Professional Services Marketers
- Show evidence that each activity is planned in response to educational needs identified for a target audience
- Ensure each activity has a clear and concise written statement of intended learning outcomes
- Show evidence that qualified instructional personnel are involved in planning and conducting each activity
- Ensure content and instructional methods are appropriate for the intended learning outcomes of each activity
- Enable participants to evaluate each learning activity
SMPS is committed to verifying compliance with the criteria for all organizations seeking to become Approved Providers and all existing providers upon their annual renewal date. While it is not possible to guarantee the success of every training activity offered by Approved Providers, SMPS can assure that approved organizations met the criteria at the time of their review and thus demonstrated the capability of producing effective learning events.